Saturday, October 8, 2016

SMH

They must be shaking their heads.  The Holy of Holy and all who are with them.  They must be shaking their heads at us here in America.

That's what I'm doing.  Shaking my head, yelling at the TV, yelling at Facebook, yelling at family and friends who don't think the way I do on screen.  Why don't "they" see what "they" are doing?  Why can't "they" see that "we" are right and "they" are wrong?

Surely, the Holy of Holies is looking at us and shaking his head and doing the same?

Oh wait, the Holy One is not like us.  He lived like us, He walked like us, He felt like us, He experienced like us.....but .......

He's not us.

His vision is broader and wider and higher and deeper and longer than ours will ever be.

He sees the beginning the middle and the end.  We have only glimpses of the same.

But still, we hope, at least I do, that I'm right and "they" are wrong, because I'm a child of the Holy One even though "they" say they are also children of the Holy One.

Ugh.

Double, triple, quadruple ugh.

These things I know in my head are true, yet my heart gets distracted and forgets daily, ok, every time I'm on Facebook or watch the "news."

1.  God is still in control.

2.  God is not surprised by anything that is going on in America right now.

3.  God's grace is still for EVERYONE, no matter what he said, or she did or he will do or she might do.  God's grace is still for EVERYONE.

It's so easy to forget that one.  As much as I want to point fingers and yell through cyberspace, I have to yell louder for GRACE to pour over us, to spill out of us, to cover us, to cleanse us.

God is not surprised.

God's grace is still active and available for all who call on His name.

It's so hard to walk that talk though, during this time, is it not?  Maybe it's just me having a hard time walking the talk I believe.

It's all so...so...so  murky.  I love my country.  But I love God more.  I love justice, but I'm pretty fond of His grace too.  I love those who agree with me, but I want to love those who don't just as much or more.  I love the freedoms I've known as an American citizen my whole life, but I love the freedom I have in Christ more.

He's in control.

He's not surprised by anything that is going on in America or anywhere else right now.

His grace is still for EVERYONE.

I'm working on that one the most.  It's hard, but I am working on it.  We're all just a breath away from being trapped in our fears and guilt and shame...again.  No matter how free Christ has made us, the battle for our minds and words and behaviors is still going on.  Strongly.

None of us have anything to boast about.  Our only boast is this:


Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength, or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this:  that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight, declares the LORD.

That's my new prayer for all of us, for "them", "we", "him", "her"......us.  That we understand and know the Lord who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth.

I want to delight him, don't you?



Peace,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment