Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Children

I've been extremely busy the last six weeks since the challenge ended.  I finally did a little housecleaning on my blog and republished the the posts I had taken off for a time.  I don't know how it all works but if you got email notification for those, please accept my apology, I know there was a lot reposted.

At any rate, I came across this little breakdown I put together when doing the challenge.  I guess I wanted to see what Jacob's sons names looked like when they were written by their meaning....

How interesting it would be if we were all called by what our name means.

Leah's children
Reuben - for he has seen my misery (It is because the LORD - Yahweh has seen my misery.  Surely my husband will love me now).
Simeon - one who hears (Because the LORD - Yahweh heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too).
Levi - attached (Now at last my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons)
Judah - praise (This time I will praise the LORD -Yahweh).

Bilhah/Rachel's children
Dan - he has vindicated (God - Elohim has vindicated me; he has listened to my plea and given me a son)
Naphtali - my struggle (I have had a struggle with my sister, and I have won)

Zilpha/Leah's children
Gad - good fortune or a troop (What good fortune!)
Asher - happy (How happy I am!  The women will call me happy)

Leah's children
Issachar - reward (God -Elohim has rewarded me for giving my maidservant to my husband)
Zebulun - honor (God - Elohim has presented me with a precious gift.  This time my husband will treat me with honor, because I have borne him six sons)
Dinah

Rachel's children
Joseph - may he add (God - Elohim has taken away my disgrace. May the LORD - Yahweh add to me another one)
Benjamin - son of my right hand
Ben Oni son my my trouble


Misery-Reuben-Yawheh sees
Hears-Simeon-Yawheh hears
Attached-Levi
Praise-Judah-Yahweh
Vindicated-Dan-Elohim
Struggle-Naphtali
Fortune-Gad
Happy-Asher
Reward-Issachar-Elohim
Honor-Zebulun-Elohim
Add-Joseph-Elohim takes away/Yahweh adds
Right hand-Benjamin

Depending on the language the name Ronda is spoken, you can call Rough Island, Powerful River, Grand, The Good Spear.

For now though, I'll stick to Ronda and wish you

Peace.


What does your name mean?  Does it define you in a good way or negatively?


No comments:

Post a Comment