Saturday, December 5, 2015

All means.....all

I've had two words on my mind lately.  It started out with just one, but then it led to one more and now two words are having a wrestling match in my brain, one trying to pin the other, but both have really good moves.

It started with a word I highlighted many years ago.

Wholeheartedly.

As in, "But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly."

And,

"Because they have not followed me wholeheartedly, not one of the men twenty years old or more who came up out of Egypt will see the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - not one except Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite and Joshua son of Nun, for they followed the LORD wholeheartedly."

Oh, if only the Word of God would just stick with that one word.  I, of course, had to be nosy.  I couldn't just look up that Hebrew word and let it sit there and soak for awhile.  No.  I had to simultaneously ask and answer the question, What other words are translated #4848 in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance?  I'll never learn.

Ready?

Just a smidge of a sampling from a word that is defined as, "to fill, accomplish.  The completion of something that was unfinished or the filling of something that was empty."

Are you sure you're ready?  Ok, don't say I didn't warn you.

bear
came
come
come to an end
cover
crowded
completely
drenched
 enriched
finish
 filled
gorge
 is satisfied
heaping up
make succeed
making full
overflowing
satisfy

So, you have some homework.  I've given you some clues.  When you have done your homework, consider this:

In the New Testament, the Greek uses a word multiple times that has a similar definition - "whole, all, entire, throughout.  That is Strong's # 3910.

It is used strongly (no pun intended) in this scripture:

"See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness.  Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it is dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of the lamp shines on you."

I told you there is a second word wrestling in my mind.  That second word is another word used for that Greek word, #3910.

All.

Care to know where it is used?

Among other places, but most significant to my wrestling match, it is here:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind."

How much is all?

The "whole, entire, total amount, quantity, as much as possible."

So to encourage you....not to shame....but encourage you....

As much as possible for the moment you are in right now, love Him with everything you have.  Don't worry about how you didn't love him yesterday or last week or twenty years ago.  Don't step into tomorrow's worry bus and wonder if you'll be able to love him for tomorrow's moments.

As much as possible, for the moment you are in right now, love Him with your whole heart, soul, strength and mind.

That's all He's asking from you.

For the moment you are in right now.  When you get to the next moment, deal with the next moment. But for now, for this moment, practice loving him with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind.

He's not expecting perfection from the get go.  He's offering freedom for the moment you and I are in right now, with this breath.

At that moment it will be said of you, "My servant, (YOUR NAME HEREhas a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly."  That's the only moment that matters for the moment we're in.

Your wholehearted all will be enough.



Peace,

Ronda

***************************************
Homework hints:

Peruse Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua ( wholeheartedly is used 8 times in these books)
See if you can find #4848 in Jeremiah 31:25 and Psalm 20:4; Genesis 29:27

You'll have fun looking for #3910 in Luke, around chapter 11.

I'm not spoon feeding you people!  Why do you want to be spoon fed anyway?  Grow up, stop being lazy, and live the faith you were given!  You're not a spectator, so stop acting like one.