Sunday, November 15, 2015

Taking a Break

I'm taking a break from cyber world for awhile.  I don't know how long but...I need to.  For my own well being.  As selfish as that is, it's the truth.

I've been "feeling" the push to do so for awhile, but I waited to see if the "feeling" would pass and I would be able to push through and keep visiting cyber world every day and become more informed and less angry; more enlightened and less need to sucker punch.  But I haven't.  In fact, it's a daily battle to hold off the negative from happening.

Many times I scroll through the feeds of Facebook and Twitter and clicking on links only to find them covered up with advertisements for things I don't need nor do I want to see.  I get bored waiting for things to load and then am disappointed when the links are hateful or so one sided that the weight of them leave a bad taste in my mouth.

It's been a long time since I've gotten up in the morning without first looking at my phone or iPad to see what I missed.  Maybe I'll start reading more, praying more, studying more. Maybe I'll just start breathing more.

Maybe Paris is the big sign God is using to tell me to step back and live the life He's made for me instead of watching and worrying about the lives of those who I have absolutely no control over.

It hurts to see the pain and broken relationships occurring because we have so many more venues to share our thoughts, yet the more we speak the less we hear each other.

I don't need to know what so and so thinks about this or that.  And I most certainly don't want any of you to be wondering what I think about this or that before forming your own opinion or, most importantly, seeing what God thinks about this or that first.

So thank you for coming to visit and thank you for coming back if you did.  I wish you well and most importantly, I wish you God's

Eirene,

Ronda


No comments:

Post a Comment