Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Our story in His-story

What will history say of us who live during this time?  What will we tell our grandchildren and, Lord willing, our great grandchildren about this time?  What questions will they think of asking us as they study this time period?  When they open their history books to the pages marked 2015, what will they say to their classmates and teachers about us as they are taught about the days we are living in right now?

I wish I could go back and talk to my ancestors, not just the ones I knew personally, two great grandmothers, but I'd like to talk to those who were the first to take the risk, the first to leave Germany - their families, their friends, their work - all to come to America.  What in the world, I would ask, was so bad that you were willing to give up everything to come to a place where you knew no one?

I wonder if they could put into words the reasons why, or if they felt a little like I feel right now, at a loss to put into words that make sense how they viewed the world in which they lived.

You and I are born into this time of history through no choice or desire of our own.  No other time period held a spot with our names on it except this one.  This is the time period in which a Heavenly Father lovingly placed us to live and move and have our being.  It wasn't by chance that any of us ended up here.  It wasn't by chance that we were born into the family we were born into.  It wasn't a coincidence that we were placed in the exact spot where we sit today - I as I type, you as you read.

We were placed here for a reason, part of a Divine plan, for a specific purpose.

What we have suffered, are suffering, and will suffer is not out of our loving Savior's sight.  It is part of a bigger plan any of us could even imagine.

The question is:  How will your role be talked about two hundred years from now?  One hundred years?  Fifty years?  Twenty?  Ten?  One?

Is the fight you are in the fight God has called you to be in, or is it the fight you've chosen to be in because you didn't like the place he picked for you?

Deep thoughts, I know.  Too serious, I know.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the ancestors before us could have told us why they did or didn't do what they were chosen for?  Maybe I'm the only one who wonders such things, maybe I need to drink more or work more or just stop praying so much then none of this would ever get in the way of my own attempt to avoid my calling.

What will be said of us as history looks back at our time?  Will our faith be recognized or our fear be more noticeable?  Will our hope be a beacon or will our fear stamp it out?  Will our courage be empowering or will our fear hold us back cowering?  What will our descendants say of us?

I know what I want them to know about me.

She believed God and followed Him with her whole heart, soul, mind and strength.  I've got a long way to go, but he keeps giving me eyes to see the light for just the next step.  It's time to think pass the troubles of today and ask God to show us how he is using them for the future.  I think it's time anyway.  He may be telling you something different, but that's what I'm hearing.

How will you be remembered in your history book?

Peace,

Ronda

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.  If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.  And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.




No comments:

Post a Comment