Thursday, May 14, 2015

When we think God thinks like us....

If I were God and had to handle me on a daily, let's get real, second by second basis, I would handle me a lot differently then he handles me.

I would spank me more.  I would shake my head (SMH) more at the things I think, the things I do, the things I believe about myself and others.

If I were God and I had to deal with me, I would be frustrated more.  I would be embarrassed to be seen with me.  I would avoid being around me when I'm acting like I act when I'm not trusting him or not listening to him or not believing him.

If I were God, that's how I would be.

But thank God!  I'm not!

Because the real God, the God who I often forget is really in charge says this about himself:

Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced.  Therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.  

Isaiah 50:7

That's just ONE promise He's made to me.  Just one.  But does it come packed with a punch!

Because the Sovereign LORD (Yhwh - the Covenant God) helps (azar - help, support, to be helped) me (sassy, bossy, doubtful, annoying, faithless), I will not be disgraced (kalam - to be disgraced *to cause someone to feel ashamed; to cause someone to lose or become unworthy of respect or approval,  to be humiliated).  Therefore have I set (siym - to set, put, establish, plant, set down, appoint) my face (paneh - to turn, face, front, presence.  Since the face can be an obvious indicator of human emotions it is used in conjunction with expressions of anger, fear, sorrow) like flint (hallamiys - flinty rock, hard rock), and I know (yada-to know with every fiber of your being) I will not be put to shame (bos - to be ashamed feel ashamed, be confounded, be disappointed, make ashamed, disgrace, keep waiting, deceive, act shamefully.  The word often occurs in context of humiliation, public disgrace and shattered emotions.  Bos denotes confusion, embarrassment or dismay when things do not turn out as expected).

See?  God doesn't think like I think.  He doesn't think like you think either.  And if and when we do think unlike him (see the intro) it's not Him that's thinking about us what we think about us. 

 IT'S NOT HIM!  

See the promises of what he "will not" do again.  He will not let you be disgraced, he will not let you be put to shame.

The only thing you have to do is set your face like flint and call to him for help!!  Flint can take a lot of punches.  It can be broken down and sharpened.  It can be used to start a fire.  But in order for it to be used in those ways, it has to be used!

So be flint!  Let God sharpen you, let him start a spark with you in your life.  He will NOT let you be put to shame when He does!

He promised!

I'm so glad he doesn't think like me.


Peace,
Ronda

Flint knowledge

2 comments:

  1. Great post! We are bad about looking at things, others and ourselves our way instead of God's way. One of my frequent prayers is for God to let me see so and so as he sees them. I can be amazing!! God clearly tells us His ways are not our ways and that His ways are higher than our ways.

    ReplyDelete