Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate

I saw that quote on Facebook the other day so I thought I'd give it a try.

I love God.  I love that God loves me.  I love that God loves the world.  I love that God is a God of grace and mercy.  I love how God is humble and a gentleman and doesn't feel the need to put on a show and to make Himself known in loud and powerful ways like we demand of Him.  I love that He doesn't give in to our demands.  I love that He's a good dad.  He lets us throw our tantrums yet He isn't moved to not protect us from that which is bad for us.

I love that He has created each of us so different yet so much alike.  I love that not all women are girly and not all men are manly.  I love that we don't all share the same interests but that He created us with common interests intermingled in gender and age.

I love that He created the world so perfectly and so meticulously, putting things in for us to discover, like oxygen and gravity and neurons and photosynthesis and how much pressure a tank can hold if its designed a certain way.

I love thinking about Him creating the animals at the beginning.  I love thinking about Him coming up with the giraffe's neck and the zebra's stripes and thousands of butterflies that he painted perfectly. I love that He has order to His creation.  That we get to observe the process of life being formed in womb.  I love that we get to see how a cell divides and multiples and turns into a muscle or a tissue or a bone or a heart.

I love wondering what He thinks about.  I love thinking about how He knows all, sees all,  all in one swoop yet still is filled with mercy and compassion and makes a way for us even when it seems so dark.

I love His word, yet I love Him more.  I love knowing that He walked on the planet, that He felt the sun on His face and rain on His hair.  I love knowing that tears fell because he cried and He jumped for joy when He was happy.  I love that He was tough when He had to be and soft when He needed to be.

I love wondering about what His eyes looked like when He smiled as He watched the sunset and sunrise.

I wonder what His voice sounded like when He told the woman to leave her life of sin.

I love listing all the things I want to ask Him when I meet Him and I wonder how in the world are we all going to get his undivided attention at once?

I love thinking about the way he preserves His creation when His creation seems to be destroying it.

But it's not about what I love about Him.  It's that He is love.

He is love that is patient and kind and not rude, not boastful, not proud, not jealous, not selfish, not quick to get angry, and doesn't keep a list of things I've done wrong.  He doesn't rejoice in evil but rejoices with truth.  His love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I love that His love is that kind of love.

When it's all said and done it doesn't matter that I love any of these things I've listed.  He doesn't love me less or more because I do.

What matters is that He loves me.  And He loved me first.  Anything I love is because He has given me the ability to love it.

I love that about Him.

He loves us.  As messed up and as fearful and as crazy as we all are, He thinks we're great!  Now that's crazy.

But that's what real love does.

Peace,
Ronda