Thursday, April 25, 2013

W is for Way

W is for Way

Derek - to tread, bend, guide.  Journey, way, path, road; mode, manner, course; way of life, lot in life.

Deuteronomy 8:6  says, "Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in his ways and revering him."

We couldn't walk God's way on our own.  Although we are created in His perfect image, because we are sinful and live in a sin-filled world, the only way we can walk is Away from God.  Jesus came to be the Way to God.  He called Himself the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Hodos - A road on which one travels, a way, a journey.  Christ calls Himself "the Way" because no one may come to the Father but through him.

That's the reason He came.  To be the way to the Creator of the Universe, the keeper of the stars, the Father who loves His creation, His children.  There's no other way to Him except through Jesus.

It doesn't make sense, it seems illogical that one person made a way for the whole world's population, from beginning to end, to be called a Child of God.  I don't understand how it works.  I don't know why it works. I don't why it is so.  I just believe that if Jesus says He is the Way, then He's the Way.

My understanding it or not doesn't make it less so.  I just believe that it is.  If it turns out that it all was just a feel good cult and we all end up just turning to ashes with no afterlife, than that's the way it will be.  But...I'm going to believe that He is the Way to a life beyond myself and beyond my grave.  It's the only thing that truly does make sense in this crazy, evil, terroristic world in which we live.

W is for Way.

Peace,
Ronda




No comments:

Post a Comment