Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for Name

As I continue in the A to Z Blogging Challenge and look for attributes and descriptions of God that fit a specific letter of the alphabet, I am becoming more aware of how much more I have to learn about this God I call my Lord and my Savior.  I  made myself a calendar at the beginning of this challenge that had a possible word to explore for each day of April.  Some of them I've already changed.  The words I used for C, E, F, H, L, and M were not my first choice.  As each day came and I sat down to write, the words that I used in the blog were the words that embedded themselves in my mind and I couldn't seem to get away from them in my research.

Now I am on the letter N.  My first penciled in thought was noble.  But it wouldn't flow.  Then I thought, nourish.  Nice words, but neither of them got my fingers tapping.  My hands just rested on my keyboard like a dead man's.

But I kept hearing the word, Name.

Name.

Well, I knew there are many, many names for God.  But as I started digging for which one He wanted me to explore I found there were just too many to put into a blog post.  Which name, I asked Him?

Name.

I know.  Which one?

Name.

There is no other Name above His Name.  His Name is Name.

My name is Ronda.  God's name is Name.  He is the Namer of all Names.

Some call me mom, Ronda, daughter, sister, wife, cousin, aunt, nurse.  But God has names for every way in which He works.

He is named Provide - Jehovah-Jireh.

He is named Healer - Jehovah-Rapha.

He is named Peace - Jehovah-Shalom.

He is named Jealous - Qanna

He is named The Lord is There - Jehovah-Shammah.

On and on and on and on go His names.

He introduced His names in circumstances.  Hagar, Abraham's concubine who was used to conceive what Abraham thought was his promised son and then was mistreated by Sarah, Abraham's wife, so Hagar fled and ran into the desert alone.  But the Angel of the Lord found  Hagar alone and comforted her.  Hagar was so moved by this conversation and comfort, God allowed her to name Him the One Who Sees Me. (Genesis 16)

There's a name to introduce to your family.  Ya'll, I'd like you to meet One Who Sees Me.  Family, One Who Sees Me.

Can you imagine?!

But God's names are for us to find comfort in.  To be humbled by.  His Names are to remind us of how vast his power is.   They are not for us to worship separately.  He is not many gods.  No, He is God with many Names.  He is a God with vast abilities, specific and powerful.  His name is Provides, Peace, Light, Way, Truth, Banner, Shepherd, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and on and on.

But there is one Name that is above all names.

The Name Jesus.  At this name, every knee will bow.

His Name.

Have you met Him?  Do you know Him?

N is for Name.

Peace,
Ronda

Just some names of God.  Call Him any of them, He'll answer.

P.S. - As I finished the typing the last word on this post yesterday, I turned on the news and saw the tragedy.  No other Name will get us through the tragedies that will fall on us.  He is as near as your breath.  He's not going to force Himself on you...He's a gentleman.  But when you call out to Him He will break through all hardness of heart to get to you.  Just call out to Name. I am praying that you find Him to be as wonderful as I have found Him.

Name, help us!  Have mercy on us!

The Extraordinary Ordinary







No comments:

Post a Comment