Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for "hair"ied

This is probably more a characteristic of me than one that would describe the HOLY Lord God.  He is humble, He is a healer, He is my Helper.  And today's A to Z word was a toss up of all those, until.....

Until I worked last night, came home, showered and forced myself to stay up for a 10:45 hair appointment this morning.  After I got home I did something I have never done before.  Never!  Ever.  I continued to cut my hair after it wasn't cut short enough by my stylist!  And I like it too!

So I was harried and helpless, and extremely tired as I tried to explain to her that it just wasn't as short as I wanted it, but I was too tired to start over, and much too tired after I got home and tried to make it work, so I just started cutting.  It may be a chop job, but I'm happier with it now than I was when I left the salon.

It's times like this, these harried times and times so much more trying than a silly hairstyle, that I remind myself of one of the most important passages in all the Bible, in MY opinion anyway.

"We do not have a HIGH priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet was without sin."

Jesus I'm sure never had haircut issues, but I'm sure He felt, at times, that someone just wasn't getting what he was trying to describe to them.  He might never have come home and cut his own hair, but I am sure because of this verse, that He was tempted a time or two to lash out, threaten to quit altogether on someone, or just simply felt the weakness we children of His have in us.

And now, I'm taking a nap.

H is for "hair"ied.

Peace,
Ronda

Just Writing

A to Z Blogging


No comments:

Post a Comment