Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pondering ponder

I watched, with one eye mostly, football Sunday.  There is an NFL player, I don't know what team he plays on and I don't really care, but his last name is Ponder.  I saw his name on the back of his shirt and ever since I keep thinking about the word Ponder.

I remembered back in 1996 or '97 during the Children's Christmas Eve program at our church where a little boy, about 4 or 5 years old recited Luke 2:19, "And Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." I'm not good at writing speech phonetically, but if you can imagine how a small child would say this, especially the words pondered and heart, I know you would agree with me that his dialect was absolutely precious.

So... ponder....

Ponder, ponder, ponder.

I started digging on the word ponder and I have to tell you, the riches I have found in looking up that one word have led me on a great treasure hunt.  I really need to learn some Greek though, because I hit a little bit of a bump and I'm not sure how to go around, over, or dive through it.

Believe me when I tell you, it's an awesome word!  Or more importantly, it led me to some exciting discoveries.

I'll get back to this, soon, I hope.

I hope if you read this blog that you are digging too.  I pray that if nothing else you are yearning to learn beyond where you are at right now.  I pray for whoever clicks on this blog, that you draw closer to Him and His Words for you.

I ponder how God works.  I wonder, stand amazed, at all the vehicles he is using on the internet to draw others to Him.  There are thousands of thousands in the blog world, some whose words are filled with healing, with wholeness, with God's spirit.  It is as if God's fingerprints are on the keys of the keyboard, reaching across cyberspace drawing us closer and closer to Him.

If you read my blog or anyone's blog and you feel touched by the words, don't stop there.  Please.  Don't stop there.  Pick up a bible, open a new tab on your computer and open up a bible there, open an app on your phone, whatever tool you have that says BIBLE on it, just open it!  Don't let mine or anyone else's faith be the coattails on which you believe.

Will you please, for your own sake, enter into God's word for YOU!

It's ok if you're nervous or afraid.  But don't let that stop you, just take a peek.  It will be ok, I promise you.

Ok, ready now?

Go!


peace
Photo pinned on Pinterest/Photobucket.com

Peace,
Ronda

1 comment:

  1. So enjoyed your post. Thanks for visiting Buttercup's and come back often -- and to New York!

    ReplyDelete