Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Living in after rather than before

I'm not going to lie.  My vote did not bring the result I had hoped it would bring.  My prayers did not get answered the way I had hoped they would.  My simple, if-you-can-prayers seem to have fallen on deaf ears. That's what my hopeless heart says to me.  The one BC - before Christ came to live in it - that heart.  The heart that can feel hopelessness and fear.  The same heart that can feel anger, jealousy, rage, pride and arrogance.  The same heart that tells me to depend on what the TV news says, what the polls said or didn't say.

 The same heart that got me into needing my AC - after Christ - heart.

The same heart that wants to depend on a living, breathing, I can see his or her image, I can see his or her chest move up and down with each breath it takes.  That heart.  That heart that is so easily disheartened, discouraged, disbelieving, bullied, fearful, and angry.

But my AC heart, the one that Christ lives in...  Jesus Christ, have you met Him?  The heart of mine that He lives in is at peace.  That heart is rested.  That heart is trusting.  That heart is leaning on the One that's living in it.  That heart is being drawn constantly to leaning on him more and more.  That heart is the heart Jesus is living in.  That heart is where Jesus is.  That's the place I want to be 24/7.

My BC heart is the bully heart.

But my AC heart is beating stronger.  My AC heart is throwing truth at the BC heart.

My AC heart knows the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE is in control.

My AC heart cannot be fooled into what man or woman can fool me with.

My AC heart can recognize TRUTH.

My AC heart can recognize lies.

My AC heart, remember, I told you about that heart, Jesus lives there.  Have you met Him?  Have you somehow lost track of Him?  Did your BC heart bully you into believing that He is nowhere to be found?  Did your BC heart convince you that your sin was too great for Jesus to break through?  Did your BC heart convince you that there is no way that Jesus could ever live in a heart like yours?

The heart knows.  The heart knows who is at its head.  The BC heart knows this too.

Christ is in you!  Christ is in me!  That's all we need to know.

That heart, the one where Christ lives, remember Him?  That heart is pumping rich, pure oxygen into your veins.  That heart is fearless.  That heart is courageous.  That heart has guts.  That heart has peace.  That heart knows who is running the show.

It's Jesus!  Have you met Him?

Let me introduce you.

Peace,
Ronda
November 7, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment